1. Decide you would like to look into buying a business.
2. Find a business that interests you or contact a broker to help you find a business.
3. Sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
4. Provide the broker with your background and financial information.
5. Review the businesses to find one or more that meets your needs and financial capacity.
6. Have a conference call with and or meet the seller/owner.
7. Make an offer which is presented to the seller.
8. The offer is accepted or a counter offer is proposed.
9. Mutual acceptance of the final offer.
10. Financial due diligence.
11. Closing documents are prepared by the buyer and seller's attoetneys.
12. An inventory is taken.
13. A closing takes place.
14. Seller trains the buyer for an agreed amount of time.